Food Applications of Sorghum
Discover the Limitless Possibilities Sorghum has to Offer
Video: Developer Video
Nu Life Market is vertically integrated to achieve the highest quality of gluten free, sustainable, allergen free, nutritional boosting ingredients. As one of the largest dedicated gluten free flour mills in the United States, we control all aspects of milling to produce a custom particle size, from whole grain to fine bakery flour.
What is Sorghum?
Sorghum is a sustainable ancient grain that originated in Africa and is now grown in many countries around the world including the United States. Often referred to as ‘the camel of crops’, Sorghum grows using less water and other natural resources. Naturally gluten & GMO free it is ideal for individuals with celiac disease, gluten intolerance, or gluten sensitivity.
Types & Forms of Sorghum
We currently grow 6 types of Sorghum:
- White Sorghum (organic available) – View Products
- Waxy White Sorghum (organic available) – View Products
- Black Sorghum – View Products
- Burgundy Sorghum – View Products
- Waxy Burgundy Sorghum – View Products
- Sumac Sorghum – View Products
Nu Life Market has the milling capability to provide all of our sorghum types in these forms:
- Whole Grain Sorghum – View Products
- Whole Grain Sorghum Flour – View Products
- Pearled Grain Sorghum – View Products
- Pearled Grain Sorghum Flour – View Products
- Sorghum Bran – View Products
- Cut Sorghum – View Products
- Sorghum Meal – View Products
- Popped Sorghum – View Products
We can mill our Sorghum grain to a variety of different particle sizes to better suit your baking needs.
Our Sorghum Food Certifications
Food Applications Using Sorghum
Breads, buns, flatbreads, tortillas, pancakes, waffles, muffins, crackers, pretzels, pizza crust, pie crust, ice cream cones
SmartFRY Frying Flour
Chicken, beef, pork, fish, seafood, vegetables, baked & fried, tempura mix
Flaked, extruded, popped, puffed, muesli, granola, grain sorghum syrup
Extruded, expanded, popped, puffed, baked
Pearled grains, IQF grains, IQF pasta, gnocchi, pierogi, ravioli, tortellini, baked meals, skillet meals, microwavable soup bowls
Extruded, expanded, popped, puffed, baked, granola, grain sorghum syrup
Filler crisps, expanded, extruded, popped, puffed, wafers, ice cream cones, grain sorghum syrup
Sorghum Nutritional Information
Nutrition Information per 100g
* Organic sorghum products available.