Mushroom Veggie Burger
Gluten Free Recipe
Featuring roasted mushrooms and chickpeas, whole-grain gluten-free sorghum, miso and a handful of spices, these vegan mushroom veggie burgers are as satisfying as they come.
Read the full recipe over at our friend Zestful Kitchen.
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, trimmed and cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 can chickpeas (14.5 ounces), rinsed and drained
- ½ an onion, cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ cups cooked sorghum, such as NuLife Market
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos (or Worcestershire sauce if you aren’t vegetarian)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- Hamburger buns *gluten-free
- Caramelized onions
- Mayonnaise (vegan if needed)
Make This Gluten Free Recipe at Home!
Gluten free never tasted so good. Make this Mushroom Veggie Burger recipe using quality, delicious products from Nu Life Market.
Gluten free White Whole Grain Sorghum Flour is ideal for use in most gluten free bakery items such as breads, rolls, cookies, and pie crusts. The fine consistency of Nu Life Market’s White Whole Grain Sorghum Flour will improve protein content, dietary fiber, and crumb formation. The neutral flavor makes it perfect for breads, rolls, cookies, pies, and pizza crusts.
Store in sealed container in a cool, dry place for up to one year.
Whole Grain Sorghum